Some of my gaming group have been threatening to re-enter the Warmachine game with the release of the Mark II rules. I decided I would try my hand at some Cryx. They're a decidedly evil faction. For those who don't know, Warmachine features powerful, magic using characters called Warcasters. They form the linchpin of your force because they can control powerful humanoid war engines called Warjacks.
I chose Mortenebra because I was told she was good with Warjack heavy forces, and that's what I'd like to play.
Here are some pics:





This model turned out great, but I truly believe it was designed and molded by sadists. The sheer number of unnecessary pieces it was cut into, and the assembly of the servo arms makes building it an absurd exercise. I don't think PP considered that this piece is meant for the gaming table, and should be made to be durable. I had to resort to rare earth magnets on the servo arms:

Anyway, she is together and hopefully she'll stay that way. The plastic Helljack kit went together much more easily, and I will show that off this weekend.
--Scott
I have a long love/hate relationship with Privateer over their figures. They look amazing when assembled and painted, but getting them to that point can be an exercise in frustration.
ReplyDeleteGreat work on the fig, by the way!
Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLooks really great Scott. As Giles said, their figures can be really frustrating. For me, it's reached the point where I hate (yes you read correctly, I said "hate") prepping and painting their models.
ReplyDeleteLuckily, since I've discovered Chaos in Carpathia, I've managed to spend far more time painting Westwind's Horror range and making lots of scratch-built Gothic terrain. CIC is a great ruleset by the way. Thanks for writing it.
And now that this comment is way too long and completely out of control, let me ask - what other genres are planned for the "Chaos In..." range? Any plans for Old West? Lost Worlds? Post-Apocalyptic Gang Fighting and/or Zombies? Early Modern Horror (i.e. Lovecraft-ian)?
Frankly, I should have just sent you an email ;)
Thanks, Jason! Very kind words, much appreciated!
ReplyDeleteRight now I am not working on anything new for the Goalsystem games. Maybe next year? I have to go where my passion takes me. My writing partner, Lee Howard, does have some more Chaos stuff in the pipeline--Old West, and maybe more pulp.
However, since this is just a sideline for us, other interests, and real world issues intrude. I think Lee will come back to finish off his Chaos projects, but I don't know when. Now if I can force myself to take that Indesign layout course at the local community college, I could crank out supplements myself.
I just may do that at some point.
Thanks for the support!
Scott