Friday, May 28, 2010

Malifaux: Mole-Men

Continuing on with my foray into the world of Malifaux and the Arcanists, here are some shots of the Mole-Men, the latest beasts to join the cause of Marcus!









I tried a new technique for doing black with these guys. I mixed some Foundry Mauve-A (really just a purple) in with some black in about a 60/40 black to purple ratio and highlighted with that. The effect is subtle, and better in person, but I like it better than the old method of using Vallejo German Field Gray over black.

I really like the simian qualities of these models, and their burrowing abilities could prove useful during a game. We shall see!

Next up, the formidable Razorspine Rattler!

--Scott

3 comments:

  1. You did a good job here, but I don't know about those toenails. I get this incredibly creepy urge to just have to clip them and the willies that they aren't already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Thanks! I thought about dirtying them up, since presumably, they dig with them, but I decided not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep wanting to get some of these for a VSF critter... possibly Lunar. Possibly subterranean Martians...

    ReplyDelete