Saturday, May 29, 2010

Malifaux: Razorspine Rattler

If Marcus' little sub-faction of the Arcanists has one boffo, signature piece, it is the Razorspine Rattler, a big, nasty mutant snake with some real potential for mayhem.

Assembling this big nasty was not hard, but it did require some pre-planning, and the employment of some cork to use as a rock--not usually my style, but necessary to make the pose work.











I used Foundry Buff Leather and some Devlan Mud mixed with white glue to create the textured effects on the skin/scales. The model is lovely, but the details on the top of the body are not deep, so one has to take care to maintain the illusion of depth in the scales.

Here are some size comparison shots with Marcus, and then also including a Mole Man:





These shots were taken on some of my newly acquired terrain squares from Old Glory. I will do a separate post about these soon, as I believe very strongly in them as a quality gaming product. I need to do some dry-brushing to add some depth to them.

The Malifaux band is at 23 soul stones (game lingo for points), so I need to add +2 pts. to get to 25, a good starting battle total. I have the Wendigo totem on the bench for the next addition, and he is, nicely, 2 pts.!

I wish Malifaux would release the Jackalope totem. He is meant to work with Marcus; if anyone knows of any 15mm - 28mm Jackalope models, let me know!

As always, thanks for looking!

--Scott

4 comments:

  1. Another of the Malifaux figures that I am trying desperately to avoid buying for my VSF games... very cool looking, but how many random critters does a game need, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah-hah! But they are all very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Scott, Crunch Waffle make a Jackalope. Haven't seen it in person, but it's the only one I've seen so far.

    http://www.crunch-waffle.com/miniatures_detail.php?miniatureID=27#

    ReplyDelete