Friday, June 25, 2010

BattleTech: The Opposition

Last post I showed the first 5 'Mechs that I had painted from the BattleTech intro boxed set. The next 5 shown below represent their opposition. Again, I went with a very simple scheme, using GW Foundation colors and Devlan Mud ink wash.











I went with a less standard mix of 'Mech tonnages when putting this little force together. That Banshee weighs in at 95 tons, while the next closest machine in the group, the Enforcer, is only 50 tons.

Should make an interesting match against the group from last post.

--Scott

3 comments:

  1. Cool stuff man! normaly they have mechs roll in combat lances of 4, but its allways good to have a few other mechs painted up in the same color so you can get a good balanced force and a cohesive looking fighting unit Great work! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old MAD 3R since I was 12 years old. I've never been willing to part with it. I used to play Battletech for hours by myself (couldn't find anyone that wanted to learn the game).
    I had forgotten that standard mech formations were in units of four whereas the clans rolled in units of five. I lost interest about the time the clans were introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I aim to build at least one full, 12 'Mech, 3 Lance company with some metals I am acquiring. I'll have more on that in a later post.

    ReplyDelete