Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Off The Shelf: Reaper Grave Digger and Henchman

I've been doing this blog for almost 2 years, but I have been painting and modeling for a lot longer than that. Occasionally, I'd like to show off stuff from my collection that I did long before the Four-Color Figures blog got its start. I'll call this occasional feature "Off The Shelf", to represent digging into my shelves of miniature cases and pulling out something neat to show off.

To start us off, I'd like to feature the Reaper Gravedigger and Henchman from the Townsfolk VI pack. Sculpted by Bobby Jackson, this pair are some of my all-time favorite Reaper minis. I painted these almost five years ago when we were play-testing Chaos In Carpathia. I am still pretty happy with the paint jobs today.














I based these guys on square metal bases from the old Wargames company. The cobblestones were made with green stuff putty.

Thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

5 comments:

  1. The one thing about painting, is if your not doing it on a fairly regular basis, it's terribly easy to backslide. This guys are very solid, very gothic, and would work great in a Solomen Kane game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, excellent minis all-around. Did those figs only come out five years ago? I thought that they came out a few years earlier, along with another Reaper classic - the ogre with the giant shield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah-hah! Not sure when the came out, but that's when I got them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete