I've blasted PP in the past for bizarre mold-making decisions that lead to hellish assemblies. The Spitter suffers from no such issues. For a Heavy Warbeast, it goes together quite well. I would even dare say that it's design is ingenious.
Anyway, I went with my version of the studio paint job--I thought about working some green in, but I ended up happy with where the paints took me, and the basing ties him to the rest of the force.
And here are a couple of comp shots for scale ref:
Look for more RPG minis this weekend!
Thanks for checking out the blog!
--Scott
That is a really great model. I'd love to get one! As always, great paint job, Scott :)
ReplyDeleteReally nice paint job, Scott, but that thing looks like a cross between a Willem DeKooning painting and Witchie-pooh from HR Puffinstuff.
ReplyDeleteHah-hah! Get off his lawn you meddling kids!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations for your job ! This model would be perfect to represent an "Anakore" in Dark sun !
ReplyDeleteGood idea! I'll be happy to have him do double duty for me!
ReplyDeleteAmazing model! Reminds me of a snapping alligator turtle. :) Must get one for my collection!
ReplyDelete