Friday, April 22, 2011

Nobdy Asked Me, But...

Being an occasional feature where I discuss hobby and non-hobby related topics in brief.

1.) Here's my 20 pt. Trollblood list as it stands right now:

Madrak +6
Impaler 5 pts.

Slag Troll 6 pts.
Earthborn Dire Troll 10 pts.
Trollkin Skinner Solo 2 pts.
Whelps 2 pts.
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew 1 pt.
==========
= 26 pts. - 6 pts. = 20 pts.

*Stuff in bold is painted or mostly painted.

2.) Been really enjoying reading the old DC Comic Arak: Son of Thunder. What's more awesome is that I can walk into a comic store, plunk down $3.00 and buy six or seven of the old issues. Comic book back issue prices have literally fallen through the floor. Roy Thomas wrote Arak in the 1980's as kind of an answer to Marvel's Conan, but the book became much more than that. Smart and fun, Arak was a Native American in Europe during the early Dark Ages. Thomas expertly mixed history and high fantasy in these thrilling tales, and Arak grew and changed as the series reached a fitting ending.



3.) I love the Earth Born Dire Troll model, and I am getting him painted, but damn, he's heavy, and a bitch to both handle and paint because of this fact! I'll hopefully take some pics of him and do a post on him Saturday.

4.) I need to paint a few more figures for Labors of the Gods this weekend as well, then we can do the photography. I've got a minotaur and some more Amazons on tap.

5.) I will be attending Origins this year! I registered, booked a hotel room, and made travel plans. It will be great to cruise the dealer room, look for new and old minis, and rifle through bins of old, pre-painted minis. Also, as a dice fiend, having access to all of Koplow and Chessex's catalogs of dice will be great. Yeah, like I need more dice. Oh well...

6.) Still waiting to run my first Dragon Age RPG session. Hopefully April 30th will be the date. I am eager to test out the system.

That's all for now! If all goes well, I'll have PP Trollkin and more myth stuff on the blog by Monday.

Thanks for reading!

--Scott

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back issue prices are great if you just want to read them and you have a realistic store in the area. Some stores are pretty proud of their back issues and charge crazy prices for them...for no reason!

    I've been buying up stuff from the '80s, like pre-Morrison Doom Patrol issue, for next to nothing. I think I bought 18 issues, an annual, a special, and a Secret Origins for less than $10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoy the pre-Morrison DP. I even liked Erik Larsen's crazy run as penciler after Steve Lightle crapped out. I love the DP/Suicide Squad special too.

    ReplyDelete