Saturday, May 28, 2011

SW Rebel Shuttle For 15mm Sci-Fi

Three years ago I was perusing a local used toy store and came across a battered but intact copy of the Star Wars Rebel Shuttle. How best to employ such a find?

With all of the renewed interest in 15mm sci-fi, and the shuttle toy's generous and potentially gameable interior space, it seemed best suited for a 15mm scale ship. My friend Sky took the lead and has worked off and on over the last year or so on the project. Lately he's been making better progress (we solved the landing gear issue), so I'd like to show a teaser pic.

Sky has promised more pics as the interior details develop. And of course, when it's painted, we'll have to run a convention game or two with it as the center of the action and Starport 3030 laid out around it.

Here's the pic!



As excited I am about the conversion, I am more excited to see Sky paint this sucker up when it's done, as he is a master weatherer and vehicle painter.

I hope to post some other 15mm sci-fi this weekend. Check back tomorrow or Monday!

Thanks for looking!

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. Impressive conversion! Hope to see more pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a spare back hatch with the engines on it. It'll make a heck of a dropship in 25mm or a great cargo hauler in 15mm.

    ReplyDelete