Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Oh Captain, Dwarf Captain!

I wanted a plastic Dwarf Captain to go with my Rangers, but converting these figures to get exactly what I wanted seemed too much bother at this point. So I took the easy route and selected one of my favorites of the plastic Rangers and simply painted him again using a slightly varied color combo to make him stand out.

Here's where I ended up:







In my story line the green cloak was a gift from a Wood Elf ally, a rare thing among Dwarves. I think I will name him Argan Whitebeard. His grey beard means he's a crafty fighter and cagey leader, a survivor of a hundred battles.

Another Captain option is this lovely metal Ral Partha figure who scales up pretty darn well with the Rangers. Check it out:





He's got a cloak, and that mace makes an excellent two-handed weapon. I think this guy will lead my second unit of Dwarf Rangers.

Next post I will show some pics of the whole warband of Dwarf Rangers.

Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

2 comments:

  1. Nice paintjob and that Ral Partha dwarf is an excellent find. Is this a current range?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he's either OOP or part of one of their "classic" ranges. He may be listed on the European site. Not sure.

      Delete