Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reaper Dwarf Warrior

I received my first order of Reaper Bones figures--these are unpainted plastics from Reaper, based off of some of their classic metal minis from years gone by.

Let me say that I am extremely impressed, and you can read a more detailed review of the four packs I got on Play Unplugged.

Here's the Dwarf Warrior right out of the package:



And here he is painted (that's a Litko base he's mounted on):









He'll be the fighter in my all-Reaper D&D adventuring party, and here is a shot of the final quartet:



Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

7 comments:

  1. Now thats rather nice. I didn't realise they had these guys done. Last time I looked it was just Skeleton warriors.

    Nice paintjob mate the band is looking great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brummie! Can't wait to see more from the Bones line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few questions. How did the paint adhere? I've heard a lot of positive but a few negative bits.

    Did you gut him off his base or just stucco right over it?

    Mix of the ever useful Foundry again?

    And when do you find time to sleep? You're knocking 'em out before I've even decided if I order 'em but yours is looking great and fits right in with the metals you have up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joe! To your questions:

      --I textured right over that molded base. The bases are pretty thin on these guys, which is nice.

      --The Black Gesso I primed him with is acrylic, and it adhered wonderfully. No problems at all. I really had to almost no clean up on the model.

      --He was painted with a mix of Foundry and Foundation paints, with a dash Vajello for the metal.

      --As to sleeping, well, I manage about 6 - 7 hours per night. I try to put at least 1 hour per day in the painting room, but often it is two hours. Really varies.

      Thanks, again!

      --Scott

      Delete
  4. Thought I'd commented on this guy already - lovely stuff, great paintjob. I'm looking forward to ordering a bunch of the Bones range once it expands a little bit. The new bases are working out very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paint job! Really like that dwarf. Lots of detail.

    ReplyDelete