Friday, June 1, 2012

Building A Mage Knight Style Party

Writing has robbed me of much of my painting time. I have been able to sneak in single figures here and there, and I hope to keep doing this. Just as a fun exercise, I thought I might pursue a sort of "project within the project," and while I continue work on the Delves rules I thought it might be fun to build a party of four adventurers by selecting, buying, and then re-painting Mage Knight plastics.

I decided to go the classic Fighter, Thief, Mage, Priest route for party composition. I can always add other classes later if this turns out to be a lot of fun for me. Anyway, I buy most of my MK figs from eBay using Grunhirs Game Emporium.  Why them?  Well, great service, selection, and convenience combine to make Grunhirs a favorite seller of mine. Anyway, after plowing through his listings, here's what I've come up with for this mini-project.

Fighter
 

This figure is the Mage Knight 2.0 Cloud Warrior.  He'll make a dynamic Spear Fighter for my game.


Thief




This figure is Mage Knight Unlimited Leech Medic and she'll make a fine Thief Acrobat. 


Priest





Rurik the Cursed will make a very cool Priest character.

Mage
 

I simply had to include this guy when I saw him--he'll make an amazing Elf Mage!

Anyway, I'll keep folks apprised of my progress.  I hope to have at least one re-paint done by this weekend.

Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment