Monday, June 18, 2012

Super Interlude II: The Hound

My friend Andrew is running his M&M game this Saturday.  I was going to do Doc Kraken, but decided I wanted to play a more human character this time around! Late last week I dropped by my buddy Eric's store and perused his Clix; I found an ideal model to re-paint for the Hound, my chronally displaced super-tracker and psi-brawler.




This Checkmate Medic made an ideal base for my minor conversions. Cut the staff from his hands, and replaced his left hand with a closed fist from a hideously sculpted Clix Spiderman.

He was a pleasure to re-paint, and the Hound will soon hunt again, but this time in 2012, not in the dystopian 2156 he hails from!

Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

7 comments:

  1. Nice paintjob, No Doc Kraken Boooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hah-hah! The Doc will see the light of day in another Campaign, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that paint scheme! The asymetrical design looks great with those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Brian! Happy accident! You know me and color theory...

    Anyway, those Checkmate dudes have to be some of the best-sculpted 'Clix figs ever. And very little clean-up required as well.

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great conversion. I'm always impressed with how nicely the Heroclix figures repaint!

    Is the "Eric's shop" you're talking about in Pittsburgh? I think you might know a regular there: Matt and I worked in Japan together for a few years. He said you drop in to paint with them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, "The Pitt", aka, "Bill & Walt's"--though I have not yet really made a Wednesday paint night since writing and play-testing have sucked up most of my free time.

    Nice little shop! Eric is a good guy!

    ReplyDelete