Saturday, August 11, 2012

Suddenly, Shadowrun?

In between working on my own stuff for Delves, I like to play other games. I'm dabbling in the Sunday 40K campaign at Phantom, and I've always got my eye toward some sort of tabletop RPG action.  Of late I've found myself going through my Shadowrun 4A rulebook--"SR 4A" means the 20th Anniversary edition of the 4th edition Shadowrun rules.  I've been a fan of the game and its genre bash of fantasy and cyberpunk since it came out in 1989. 

I've run 1E and 2E straight from the books, and run SR with GURPS and FUDGE.  While I've played a couple of sessions of SR4, I've never run it, but the rules possess a clarity and consistency never before seen in a set of SR rules.  So I am thinking of running a few games. We'll see.

Anyway, last night I wanted to paint something different, so I pulled from my backlog a female Ork runner from Ral Partha's old SR miniature line.  One hour later, she was table-ready!





Possible Runner team: Troll, Ork, and Dwarf.

Now one of the recent issues with SR minis concerns finding appropriate Trolls and Orks that scale well with modern lines like Reaper's Chronoscope and others. The older Partha Trolls don't quite gel.  The troll in the above pic is a conversion I did from a Mage Knight miniature. I blogged about him a while ago.

As I read the rules further I'll explore more miniature options as I find them.  My collection of near-future/future minis is already so deep, that I really only need to focus on specialty minis like trolls.

Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you painted that in one hour. Nice work, I wish I could paint that quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she was already black-primed! That helped!

    ReplyDelete