The 1/72 project has spiraled out of control. After the incorrect attempt to match up Zeros and P-40s I switched it up to Kittyhawks vs Bf-109s in the desert. Its a great setting with some great color schemes to model. After some more research I settled on 112 Squadron vs. 27 JG and found appropriate decals. I had to figure out how the RAF and Luftwaffe marked their aircraft. As I expected, the German system is baroque and overly complex. < + = gruppen staffel waffle smaffle with special markings for the unit's cook's aircraft. Come on.
While I am enjoying the modeling, part of me longs for the days when filing a mold seam for 30 seconds was all that was required to get a model ready for paint. These Airfix kits are easy level and come together nice but the whole thing is a huge schlep compared to most of my wargaming past. Now I am trying to figure out how to go about masking canopies.
In the last few weeks I completed a Mighty Armies Barbarian force and did a platoon of 1/285 GHQ Shermans. Once I get the stomach to get the camera out again I will put up some pics.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment