Rummaging through my bits box I found a few leftover 15mm Aztecs (possibly from Essex, or another manufacturer) from an old project best forgotten. I decided to try making one into a Windling spell caster for ED. Check him out!
The wings are cut from a thick, plastic card sleeve called a "top-loader" (I think).
I cut the mini away from his molded base, carefully re-positioning his feet into a somewhat more natural flying position. The staff and the hand holding it from borrowed from an old 15mm skeleton spearman. I cut the spear tip off and added a globe made from some green stuff.
Here's a comp shot with a human-sized mini:
His flying base is made from a steel pike affixed to a 25mm plastic slotted base. He is, I think, a bit large for a Windling, but he'll do in a pinch until I can come up with something better. I think 10mm fantasy Greeks might be a good source. I'll look into that.
Here's another comp shot with a Mage Knight troll. The troll is perfect for ED--if a bit small. All I did was a mild re-paint on his flesh and robes.
Next post I'll show a United Colors of Benetton style group shot of an ED adventuring party.
Also have to work on cracking the T'Skrang code. We'll see...
--Scott
That's excellent, although I think I would have tried to use something transparent for the wings. Maybe trim down a bit of clear plastic packaging?
ReplyDelete