Tuesday, September 1, 2009

More AE Bounty Sci-Fi

I am prepping more figures for the AE Bounty sci-fi skirmish game from Darkson Designs. One thing I've noticed about the official figures is that scale-wise they fall into the "slimmer 28mm" category. Now I am not a total stickler for scale, but I like to match up where I can. Digging through my bin of unpainted minis (yes, I have a considerable collection of unpainted lead, pewter, and plastic), I came across a Shadowrun miniature named Slash & Burn. That's one dude. You'll see why in a moment.

What struck me about him was how nicely he scaled with the AE Bounty guys once his cast-on base was ground down and he was mounted on a plastic, wide-lipped base. Once that was done I set to painting him, and I am quite happy with my results. He'll make an excellent grizzled merc or bounty hunter for the game.









I definitely wanted to give his equipment a warn-down look, so I stippled some white paint on his fuel tank. I imagine the weapon will either be a flamer of some kind, or perhaps a chemical laser.

Here's a couple of comp shots with some official AE Bounty minis:






This last shot is the merc next to his trusty lander, the vehicle that gets him from orbit planet-side:



That's a Mel Ebbles Utility Shuttle paper model. Quite nice, and you get it in at least half-a-dozen different color options.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment