Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gnomes...in...spaaaaaaace!

Or something like that. Like I said, Leutenant Brittan from LAF inspired me to add this guy to my space Captain's retinue of crewmen. He's an old Chainmail Gnome sculpted by the mega-talented Jerzy Montwill.

I like the Good Leutenant's version better, but mine will do for starport work!









He'll likely be on the same crew as the little rat guy from a previous post, so they'll get along smashingly I am sure. The short guys need to stick together.

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I wish I could paint like that! The skin tones are amazing and very subtle. How do you do it!

    The leather trousers and boots are also excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I still prefer your version. The leather is done with Foundry 3-step paints. They make it easy. That flesh is a mix of Tallarn Flesh and Scorched Brown, built up and finally highlighted with Tallarn flesh alone.

    Tidy little formula, that!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete