Friday, April 23, 2010

Guardians of the Galaxy #25--The End?

Just a quick note of thanks to Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, and all of the great artists who made GotG possible. Issue #25 is indeed the last in this series, and there was some attempt to wrap things up as the characters flow into the upcoming Thanos 6-issue limited series.



With Nova finishing out as well at issue #36 this month, that leaves me collecting exactly zero Marvel ongoing titles. As I said, I will buy the Thanos limited, but I have no interest in any other Marvel "Bendisverse" titles. I know I am in the minority here, and sales of his stuff are great, but it's not what I am looking for in my comics.

--Scott

9 comments:

  1. That sucks. How come there are no cosmic heroes for Super System?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would consider some of the characters in our alien line to be cosmic.

    True, we have not done any true analogs to the Silver Surfer or Terrax the Tamer, but SuperFigs are versatile enough that you can make them cosmic if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is true. I have only played the game a couple of times but prefer it to somethign like HeroClix. I've always loved the cosmic level characters in the various universes and have wondered how SuperSystem handles turelly high-powered characters.

    I just purchased the 3rd Ed PDF of SuperSystem today, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it every time I find a series I like and loyally collect it gets cancelled? WHYYY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah-hah! Me too, brother, me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was a legit reason given for cancelling the series? Poor sales? or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They didn't give a reason, but sales had been dropping. It always comes down to money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nova is gone too. They are moving him over to Secret Avengers written by Ed Brubaker. Other then Abnett and Lanning, Brubaker is the only other Marvel writer I like. He makes his characters and stories work despite the mess Bendis makes of the rest of the universe.

    ReplyDelete