Monday, April 19, 2010

SBH Warband Challenge: Garden Party!

I had such a great time putting together my first backlog warband last week, I am going to give it another go this week! This time I rummaged around and decided on a plant-based theme with a bit of twist. I'll be using two Chronopia Swamp Goblins as my "gardeners", one will be made up using the Goblin Leader stats, and the other the Goblin Hero. The rest will be plantsof one sort or another.

Here's an unpainted group shot:




And the breakdown follows...

Goblin Leader and Hero using Chronopia Swamp Goblins. I will paint these guys using greens, browns (for flesh), and bone--no metallics (leader on the right, hero on the left):




Hydra Miniatures small plant-men as some kind of short-range shooters. I imagine them opening their maws and shooting some kind of poisonous quills or hairs:



A Ral Partha mushroom man as a Magic Mushroom--he'll be my magic user:



And my bruiser will be a D&D minis large plant man, a Storm Wracked Shambler, or something like that. I may experiment with some inks and highlights over his existing paint job. I'll be sure to give him large and burrowing, and maybe fearless. We'll see:




So that's it. I will have to stat up the plant men using the tools on SOBH Yahoo Group, as none of the existing plant men profiles really fit my ideas. I am confident I can get 300 pts. out of these guys.

--Scott

4 comments:

  1. I have a Druid warband that uses an Ent from Demonworld, Dryads from GW and a swamp thing from Heroclicks, and several wood elemantals from mage night. Its one of my favorite warbands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use the online warband maker. Its so easy to stat out things. I use it for all of my warbands cause they ever seem to have that perfect guy that I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been watching these over on LAF. Another cool looking warband already, nice!

    Have you seen the Chronopia Swamp Goblin Shaman on Drone? I love that guy. Nothing says fantasy swamp like a huge dirty looking fly with an even filthier gobln on top.

    http://www.princeaugust.ie/target_games/tg2825.html

    Of course, you may not have one in your backlog...

    ReplyDelete