Actually, having thought more about it this morning, I think I will add some white accents to some of the plates and make this company part of House Kurita's 9th Pesht Regulars. Since ComStar gave the DCMS so many 'Mechs at the dawn of the 4th Succession war, it makes sense that Kali's Daggers would be more of a regular House unit, since so many of their machines are old Star League designs. Plus, this will give my 'Merc company, Hannibal's Cannibals, a natural foe to fight.
The line-up includes:
Command/Assault Lance
Thug 80 tons (Ravan Sinha)
Black Knight 75 tons (Chandrahas Datar)
Crab 50 tons (Louis Weeks)
Crab 50 tons (Wendy Chong, f.)
Fire Lance
Grasshopper 70 tons (Paravi Chawd, f.)
Grasshopper 70 tons (Jeffrey Okoro)
Griffin 55 tons (M'Baku Sesay)
Griffin 55 tons (Elsie Simmons, f.)
Recon Lance
Thorn 20 tons (Tim Willis)
Thorn 20 tons (Shikha Gurijala, f.)
Jenner 35 tons (Stavros Mamalis)
Jenner 35 tons (Ronald Magee)
If you go by sheer tonnage, this unit measures a bit light, and I may tinker with the line-up a bit, but I am pretty happy with outcomes in terms of paint and overall look. I still need to come up with a unit insignia for them.
Later this week, it's back to Warhammer Fantasy Battle, as I feature my 500 pt. Skaven force to be used in Phantom's Doubles Tourney starting in August!
--Scott
How about this for a logo: six arms, radiating from a central point, nid of like a six armed swastika, with a dagger in each hand.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea, but I am not sure I can free-hand that for 12 different vehicles!
ReplyDeleteI am going to order some Kurita and 9th Pesht decals from Fighting Pirannha Graphics. And maybe I could freehand the Company symbol on one or two of the command mechs.