Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sand Golems!

I really can't mention the old Mage Knight line enough on this blog. It continues to be a repository of miniature possibilities that is second to none. Exhibit 49-B, the Sand Minions!

I will eventually be needing some Sand Golems for my Dark Sun RPG sessions, so in cruising eBay, I came across this mini, and it was perfect. I ordered a pair ($1.00 ea.), and right out of the box they require little to no alteration to fill the desired monster role. After popping them off of their bases and re-basing them appropriately, I touched up the paint job slightly (re-painting some weird blue bumps on their bodies gray). I then flocked, painted, and dry-brushed their bases, and whammo, instant Sand Golems!








Here they are side by side with a Reaper Dragon man Shaman (also excellent for DS!):





And some random battle shots:






Later this week I hope to show off some re-purposed Reaper spell effects.

As always, thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

2 comments: