Friday, December 3, 2010

Dark Eldar: Hellions!

Or, Hellion, singular. We're having a big Dark Eldar themed event this weekend at Phantom, and I am trying to put together enough stuff to field a decent sized force. I'll be teaming with my buddy Rico, who is organizing the event. I've got 4 more Hellions to paint for Sunday.

Here's the first one done:













And a final shot with a recently painted Wych:



I'd like to go back after this weekend and add some weathering effects to the sky sleds. These are simply wonderful plastic models, and the options you get when building them are fantastic.

Good show, GW!

--Scott

4 comments:

  1. Its not often (well never) I get very excited about GW 40K models since GorkaMorka but these went to the top of my Christmas list. No idea what I want to do with them except build them up as I do not play 28mm SciFi!

    Nice to see a sample outside of GW and interested to see the rest and added effects later.

    Andrew
    Main site: www.blog.kings-sleep.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think they would be cool for a Commorough-based gang-fighting or racing game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice models/paint job. I quit GW 40K many years ago, but these look sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott - GW did that back in the day didn't they? I seem to remember a fold-out map of an arena being available in WD, might be worth following up.

    Really nice work on the Hellion, I have similar plans for the bases - I really don't like leaving this kind of base clear on the bottom. Think there might be the odd piece of human having been sliced off during a flyby on my bases...

    ReplyDelete