These models were "speed-painted" using Army Painter Army Green spray primer. Once primed all green, I hit them with GW's Thrakka Green ink mixed with some glue. For the back plates I used GW Foundation Ork Hide. The back plates on the leader were done using a Medium Sea Blue from Vallejo.
The belly areas on all the models were done with Gretchin Green, also a Foundation color. I then went back in and did all of the non-green colors: wood, bone, feathers, etc. I am pretty pleased with the results, but for single monsters or solos, I will stick to my 3-step blending techniques.
Happy Christmas for those who celebrate it, and happy holidays to the rest! I am very thankful for everyone who makes checking this blog a regular part of their day!
--Scott
Thanks for the details on the paint jobs. I love hearing about the actual techniques people use and seeing the results. Good stuff. Hate to see how that posse rolls!
ReplyDeleteThanks! The unit can be quite a tarpit for anyone who runs afoul of them.
ReplyDeleteVery simple paint job and yet super effective. Well done (must get some of those gatormen for my collection...)
ReplyDeleteThanks, j!
ReplyDelete