Today we have shots of Karthoum and the normal sized version of the Fission, one of our shrinker packs.
Designed by the amazing Thomas Scioli, Karthoum possesses that unmistakable Jack Kirby vibe. He's also larger than the average SuperFig, as you can see in the comp shots above.
The robotic Fission (seen above with Karthoum) was designed by my friend Jan Anarella, and he has a really classic Marvel silver age feel. The idea behind him is that when he shrinks he splits into two smaller versions of himself.
I have never got around to painting the two shrunken versions in this red scheme.
I'll use this feature to show off more SuperFigs in the future!
--Scott
I wish there was a company like Superfigs doing affordable, simple, fantasy miniatures. Old Ghost has some and a lot of the Superfigs actually don't make bad subs for fantasy, like the cultists, but a specific line of simple easy to paint, no ten thousand belts, bags, and ropes, would be solid.
ReplyDeleteJoe, I really like Mega-Miniatures, and I know you have painted some of those from checking out your blog. You just looking for more variety? And really, I guess, who isn't?
ReplyDeleteThe mega minis tend to fall into the true 25mm due to their age. And of course, variety is always welcome. For example, Reaper products a dude with a sword and cloak combo. A solid figure but it's like $10 for a single figure. The cloak and sword is in use more now than ever thanks to things like Wizards with weapon proficiencies, Assassins, Avengers, Sword Mages, etc...
ReplyDelete