Monday, January 31, 2011

SuperFigs: Chrononaut!

I've got a number of unreleased SuperFigs in the hopper, most of which I've shown off on this blog over the last couple years, but this weekend I painted another one that I had never shown before. He's a very slick conversion from one of our existing alien henchman miniatures, and I call him the Chrononaut!







This guy's name is Gulg, he's Chrononaut 717A, an operative of the 36th Century's Time Agency. Their job? Make sure no one from the past mucks with the flow of time. Using his Chrono-staff and the other gadgets in his power armor, Chrononaut 717A has traveled back to Four-Color Earth to make certain that Mr. Cranium does not complete his latest device: a time-convergence apparatus!

Here's a few comp shots of Chrononaut and a couple of the heroes he'll team up with:



The Golem is no stranger to the passage of time, although as a virtual immortal he's taken the "slow path" from his time as a hero of WWII to the current era.



Lucky Strike's fortune altering powers make him an ideal companion to the super-scientific Chrononaut.

At this point, Chrononaut and the other unreleased SuperFigs only exist in master form and I am uncertain if and when we will ever make production molds for them. If you'll pardon the pun, time will tell.

As always, thanks for checking out the blog!

--Scott

8 comments:

  1. Great fig, I love the head especially, very 'Bug'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, it really "Bug"s me that I can't buy this figure NOW! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see some 15mm MICRO size versions of the Chrononaut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scott,

    Are there any more Superfigs due out soon?
    I could do with a couple of beefy hero types like Colossus and Havoc from XMen and a couple of flyers wouldn't go amiss either.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing on the horizon, unfortunately. The master models remain on hold. No production is available. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG awesome...looks lke BUG from MICRONauts!!!! love it!! can i BUY THIS?? Hey scott..i am good buddies also with Geoff from phantom! He told me you clued him into star trek minis for me! hanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, and thanks for the kind words!

      --Scott

      Delete