Of course, YMMV on these models, but I like them quite a bit. I decided to spice them up by mixing in some of my own Aegis Figures Sci-Fi Ganger Heads. Here is the first test-paint results:
I decided to try something different and add a dash of color to the scheme, so I stippled some blues and creams onto the armor plates to show that the trooper's armor had once been a pristine color, but had since been worn with age and use.
More Shock Troop and head combos to come in later posts!
Thanks for checking out the blog!
--Scott
Great colors and great execution!
ReplyDeleteWhat is the base made of?
ReplyDeleteLove those Kill Team rules!
ReplyDeleteReally hope to see your entire team here on the blog along with some "action" pics.
I use models filtered out of my Tyranid army for Kill Team, but there are plans forming to create an unique team. A penal legion kinda thing keeps popping up ... maybe 2011 will be the year :-)
Joe, the base is done with Liquitex Resin Sand, painted with Delta Ceramcoat Trail Tan, inked with Vajello Smoke, then dry-brushed with the Tan and then a cream or bleached bone.
ReplyDeleteHope that helps!
Resin sand eh? I don't get quite the same results using some of the other material, but that looks smoother than the stuff I use. Will have to try it. Thanks for the details.
ReplyDelete