Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Goalsystem Delves Design Log 14: A Monkey Monk?

I was looking for something small to paint from the backlog, just something to keep the rust off as I continue to spend the bulk of my time working on Delves, and I dug out my Reaper Pathfinder Charau-Ka Shaman. He may be labeled a shaman, but he looks like a monk to me!  A Monkey Monk, for sure! 





Now just as a bit of a thought exercise, I thought I might share what this guy's race might look like in the Delves game.  Making your own races for the game is pretty easy, and we're including the rules so folks can drop in anything they like.

Anyway, here goes:

Monkey-kin [+2 pts.]
Small, wiry apes possessed of amazing agility and surprising strength. 
Move: 5”
Favored Classes:Fighter (Monk), Thief (Acrobat)
Notes: +1D Defense,  +1D Jump checks, Small
Languages: Orcish, Common

Most races come out to between 0 to +2 pts., so he fits right in that range. His favored classes have been limited to specific sub-classes of the Fighter and Thief to add a bit of character.  Normally Small characters suffer a penalty to Strength, but since monkeys are surprisingly strong, I nixed that and just made him cost a bit more than other small races like Halflings and Kobolds. 


As a Monk he'll need no weapons, so the model will fit right in, and those cool guards on his arms could later be re-painted into Magic Bracers.


Can't wait to use him in the next play-test! 


Thanks for visiting! 


--Scott

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Hadn't realised jusy how small that mini was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is tiny and quite cool... I wonder if I could that somewhere in my project lol.
    Nice paint work. :).

    ReplyDelete