Saturday, July 21, 2012

BattleTech: Bandersnatch BNDR-01A

Sometimes one project informs another in this hobby.  In working out my Necron paint scheme, I realized the plan I was using could be easily applied to BattleTech. So I set about using some of the extra 'Mechs I've gathered to make yet another company, this time a Mercenary Unit of my own devising. 

I picked up a pair of these 75-ton Bandersntach Heavies from IWM's web site. It's an archive-only miniature, so only available through IWM or a chance eBay auction.  Although it comes in a lot of pieces, it goes together well. I am really pleased with paint job, too.

With his wide stance, I had to place him on a GF9 hex base.

The cool vambraces are reminiscent of the classic Marauder.


To add a spot of color I did the lower legs and weapon pods in Vallejo Medium Sea Blue.


The 75-ton Bandersnatch towers over the 45-ton Komodo. 

The Bandersnatch was 'Mech designed for merc companies, so I think it will fit well in this unit.

Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'd completely forgotten that this Mech even existed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely done, he's certainly a large chap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! I've been needing to get a bandersnatch for my Marian legion. :)

    ReplyDelete