As I look around for more 'Mechs to fill out my 3060's - 3070's era Colonial Marshals force for the Magistracy of Canopus, I zeroed in on the Grim Reaper. This cool design fits all of the requirements for a Marshals machine, including possessing full manipulators (Marshal 'Mechs are often called upon to perform construction and other tasks) and a background that makes sense for its presence in this area of space.
It seems both the Word of Blake fanatics and the Com Guards used Grim Reapers during their battles in the Periphery, and the Word of Blake made deep, destructive runs into both Magistracy and Taurian space. I can easily see a captured Reaper making its way into a Marshal's hands.
The Grim Reaper carries an amazingly varied arsenal for a 55 ton machine, and includes enough energy weapons to make it viable for long stretches without resupply.
As I execute the paint scheme, I am getting more comfortable with it. Check it out!
As you can see from the above pics, I did score some nifty stars from my buddy, Bill. The smallest size on the sheet fits the 'Mechs nicely.
And here is a group shot of a lance of Colonial Marshals:
I'll have more BattleTech stuff later this week!
Thanks for visiting!
--Scott
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They look great and those stars certainly draw you eye. I like how you done the cockpits are the gloss varnished?
ReplyDeleteYes! Just a bit of gloss on them. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAh, I thought it was a coat of tamiya clear. Thanks for clearing that up.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! You've inspired me to get into my huge lot of Mechs collecting dust both in and out of package and start the painting! Really love this paint scheme, and it is awesome to see another Periphery fan!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I need to purchase Catalyst's latest book on the Periphery as well. The stuff they do, especially background-wise, blows me away!
ReplyDelete--Scott