Saturday, July 7, 2012

BattleTech: The Wraith

No, not the classic Charlie Sheen/Sherilyn Fenn revenge movie from the '80s!  Rather, another 'Mech for the Colonial Marshals unit--the 55 ton Wraith.

The Wraith once again perfectly fits the profile of Marshal machines: energy-heavy weapon loadouts and equipped with manipulators.  Featuring a Large Pulse Laser and a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers, the Wraith also possesses excellent speed and maneuverability for a medium machine. I like this figure so much I may make it my command machine.


Note the odd hand placement--the battlefist swivels up when the LPL deploys.

The lower right leg came separate; the positioning gives the 'Mech some added dynamism.





I've actually got a 2nd Wraith on the way; I feel like smaller units with limited resources would want duplicate models to save on spare parts and ease repairs.

Anyway, more 'Mechs in the next post!

Thanks for visiting!

--Scott


2 comments:

  1. Looking good. Look forward to seeing the next few

    ReplyDelete
  2. As am I. The Wraith is one of my favorite mechs in that weight class, along with the Crab and the Wolfhound. It's no coincidence they all have energy weapons that save on warchest costs and ammo explosions.

    ReplyDelete