Thursday, August 9, 2012

BattleTech: Nightsky

By this time any regular reader of this blog knows my preference for 'Mechs with all-energy profiles.  Needing more Medium 'Mechs for my current merc unit, I was able to trade for a 50-ton Nightsky

This gawky looking machine features a suite of lasers and a slick hatchet-like melee weapon.  It's a Davion design that fits into the Hatchetman and Axeman family of 'Mechs.

Here are some shots of my paint job:









Thanks for visiting!

--Scott

5 comments:

  1. These are cool, I like your blue back drop to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Bit of reptile look to this mechs shape

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nightsky looks good. I second your choice of all energy weapons. We usually played games of BT along side the Mechwarrior role playing game, so an all energy mech was easier to keep supplied with no need for ammo resupply. The best recommendation for an all energy weapon mech is if you start running dangerously hot you don't have to worry about either dumping your ammo or having to avoid ammo explosions. You are making want to break out some mechs and paint up a couple lances.

    ColKG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done. Our own MW campaign uses the warchest system. My four-player drew a bunch of missile heavy light and fast medium Mechs - my Javelin, a Commando, a Valkyrie and an Assassin. We're already quaking in our boots at the cost of replacing all those missiles! Not to mention arguing over who gets to re-fit their Mech with salvaged lasers first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, folks! I have a second Nightsky waiting in the wings, but I may do some other stuff before I come back to it.

    ReplyDelete