While I am waiting for my new CEF stuff to arrive for the Heavy Gear project, I thought I would knock out that Flail platoon I picked up a few months ago. I don't have the full background on these yet because I do not have the book, but I believe Flails are battle suits that contain vat-grown GREL brains. Kind of robots with cloned human brains as their CPU's. Unlike normal Heavy Gear infantry, they're mounted one to a base instead of 2 or 3 to a base.



I went with a fairly simple and military-looking paint job using Charadon Granite over a Boltgun Metal spray coat. Once I have my book I will go back and do some kind of unit insignia on them.
Love the models! Very unique and slick.
--Scott
Those are very cool, and have some definite crossover potential in other scales as well. Could I get you to measure one? They look to be around 28mm-ish.
ReplyDeleteSure. I will do it tonight and comment back later, or maybe tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteNice to see you still retain your love of Heavy Gear. I always liked the look, as well as the hex bases.
ReplyDeleteI always come back to HG--like the migration of the water buffalo in Africa, or the Swans returning to Capistrano...
ReplyDeleteScott,
ReplyDeleteI love the Flails. Very cool models. The work perfectly for Heavy Gear, 15mm or even small 28mm bots.