Fast forward to 2010 and a revitalized Dream Pod 9 is cranking out some the niftiest small scale (1/144th, or 12mm) sci-fi mecha you'd ever want to see. Including miniatures for the aforementioned colony worlds. I've really taken a shine to the Eden Golems. The whole power suit thing really plugs into my love of the old Exo-Squad cartoon show. If you've never seen this show, do yourself a favor and check it out for free on Hulu.
So Thursday night I cranked out my first 4 Golem suits and I am really happy with my results. This is an Alpha squad--the Beta squad I do next will have some stand-off weapons capable of punching the armor of lighter Gears.
I also took some comparison shots to give folks an idea of the scale of the Golems relative to other HG minis.
Next post on HG will feature the Beta Squad Golems.
--Scott
Hi Scott - great job!
ReplyDeleteI've been following your Heavy Gear posts for a while, and the minis look awesome. Do the rules do them justice?
Cheers, Tom.
Thanks, Tom! I like the HG Blitz rules very much. The Golems are not top-level military assets--they can't stand up to Gears 1 on 1, but I think if used en masse, they'll do ok.
ReplyDeleteI'll check it out - I'm always looking for something to shift 40k off our gaming tables for once.
ReplyDeleteThese Golems struck a chord 'cos they remind me of the powered suits from Applessed, although it may just be the "police" style colour scheme. I don't think we ever grow out of mecha!
Keep up the good work :)