Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dark Sun Character: Thri-Kreen Conversion

My buddy Bill ordered a few packs of the Myrm from the 100 Kingdoms line (he's making a Thri-Kreen for my game). He was kind enough to pass one along to me.

These are great figures and will make excellent Thri-Kreen, even unmodified. But I was not that keen on their large, monstrous heads, so I actually got out the green stuff and made one of my own. Is it a bit crude? Yes, but by my standards I am pretty happy! Judge for yourself!








And a couple of comp shots against the Valiant Miniatures Thri-Kreen:






The thorax is still a bit of an issue, but for an RPG, it works. The question is, can I actually sculpt an equally good, or better, head for the second one? With my meager talents, it's a crap-shoot!

--Scott

3 comments:

  1. Those look a lot better with a more 'Kreen-like head... I'm beginning to reconsider them as an alternative, if only because of the lack of miniatures in this department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on rectifying the lack of good PC usable Mantis Men. More info on this when I have it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered some good Thri-kreen substitutes, they should all be here in a week or so, maybe I'll post pictures after I get them all modified. I am quite the greenstuff veteran and am close to taking the leap into full on sculpting. I have the skill, but haven't mustered up the effort yet.

    ReplyDelete