Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Horrors From Ymgarl

I decided to crank out something special for this coming weekend's finale to our multi-week Tyranid Invasion event, the Perfect Swarm. A few weeks back I got hold of Chapterhouse Studios excellent Alien Heads pack. These tentacle-faced heads are perfect for the Ymgarl Genestealers Elites choice from the new Tyranids codex.

Having recently traded for a box of plastic Genestealers, I blocked out some time to hammer a unit of 8 out for this Sunday's mega-battle.

























The heads are cast in pewter, and are quite heavy for plastic bodies, so I took the precaution of gluing the plastic slotta base to a washer for extra heft. I also had a bit of green stuff handy when attaching the heads to create a more seamless join and allow the super-glue to setup better.

In all, this unit will be a blast to field, and I am very pleased with their look.

--Scott

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Thanks for the link to the Chapterhouse Studios. I'm seriously considering some xenomorph heads at least!

    ReplyDelete